Friday, November 29, 2013

DIY Chanel Pop Art....








 
Inspired by this iPhone Scribble above, found on Pinterest, using my own bottle of Chanel No 5 as 'the model', and armed with Butchers Paper (do you know they sell that stuff by weight? I am now the proud owner of 10kgs of it!)...and just four artists crayons in black, white, soft grey and deep yellow, I created this....


I just covered an old picture that I was a bit tired of with the Butchers Paper, and went for it. It's not meant to be neat or realistic. It's meant to be Pop Art-ish.
I popped an interpretation (that's what it means when you can't draw it properly!) of a Chanel camellia in the top corner to fill the space a bit.


You could do smaller versions on card stock with a bit of bling on them, or A4 sized ones, framed in gold embellished frames for that hard to buy for friend.

Just try to not be too picky.

It's an interpretation, remember....*wink*....

Have fun!
 
...Mimi...
 

5 comments:

  1. Hello Mimi, I was just looking at the links at the shabby nest and came across yours. Love the pop art; you've done a great job. Chanel #5 is my favourite perfume; has been since I was a teen. Just love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Veronica! It's my favourite as well. Glad you like my humble artwork and thanks for dropping in...xxx

      Delete
  2. Mimi! I love your drawings!! I want one!!! Do some more. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY! http://www.dwellings-theheartofyourhome.com/2013/12/amaze-me-monday-35.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mimi! I have a little gift for you! Email moi! At your convenience. :D

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I always respond to comments, so don't be shy! Mimi xxx