Thursday, November 14, 2013

Each day is a little life....luxury at the dinner table...

 
These are my Mother and Grandmothers serving spoons. I love them so much and they are so beautiful, that I tie them with this organza ribbons and hang them on the wall when they're not in use.
 
I've taken them down today for their annual polish up for Christmas. We often use them, but in their tarnished state, which I find oddly comforting and homey.
 
But for Christmas, they must be shiny, so shiny they will be.
 
I long ago eschewed nasty plastic serving implements. Not good for the soul.
 
In the absence of heirloom serving spoons, even dressing up your normal cutlery with a bit of double satin ribbon, can make mealtimes extra special...
 
 
...Mimi...

3 comments:

  1. Great idea and so simple! I love the simple ideas - don't always have time for something fancy and elaborate. But this looks fancy with such a simple thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Lissy. Thankyou. they are very special aren't they. I adore weathered serving ware, and in the absence of that, I adore double satin ribbon, lace offcuts or frayed vintage fabric almost as much. Thanks for stopping by....xxx

      Delete
  2. I agree... these are levels above plastic utensils. Enjoy the holidays!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I always respond to comments, so don't be shy! Mimi xxx