Tuesday, November 5, 2013

How badly do you want it....Week 3...

 
Well after doing a lot of sitting on the North Shore at beautiful Noosa Heads on the weekend, I decided to add hills to my walk...
 

 
This may not look like a very big hill to you, but I can assure you that if felt like Mt Kosciuszko when I was walking up and down the thing. I waltzed down the hill, wheezing my way up the other side, only to realise that I had to do the same to get back home. Three hills later, I stumbled home, cursing my years of inactivity. I used to run up those dang hills.
 
After doing that, 20 crunches, 20 lunges, and 10 minutes of stretching, then buffing the bod with a gorgeous body scrub (the scrub was gorgeous, I was most certainly not), and dressing in decluttering gear, lunch was required...
 
Here's my super tasty Quinoa, Walnut, Coriander and Chilli salad....

 
You'll need:
 
1 cup Quinoa (pronounced Keen-wa)
1 1/2 cups chicken, vegetable or beef stock
 
Bring this to a simmer, then cover with a tight fitting lid and switch off, leaving it on the hot plate. It will cook itself in twenty minutes, so long as you don't peek! So peek at your peril! If you cook with gas, you may have to give the Quinoa another blast of heat after about ten minutes.
 
Then chop or dice:
 
2 large red chillies
A large handful of fresh coriander (cilantro)
A large handful of walnuts
 
And measure out:
 
1/2 moist coconut flakes
1/2 minced onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
 
Toss it all together once you've fluffed the cooked Quinoa.
 
Voila!
 
Tasty, healthy, yummolicious lunch.
 
...Mimi...
 
 

2 comments:

  1. This looks really yummy Mimi Love all your posts on SS really look forward to reading them and your food ideas are wonderful especially to us oldies who have now retired and looking for budget ideas thank you again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy, and thankyou! I'm pleased to be inspiring anyone at my age...lol!

      Delete

I love hearing from you! I always respond to comments, so don't be shy! Mimi xxx